I’m often told that I have an Encyclopedia of useless/random information in my head, so I thought I’d choose 10 random facts that you’ll never need to know and that’ll hopefully break the ice in an awkward moment. You’re welcome.
- The mating ritual of a Sloth, including foreplay, takes place and finishes within 5 seconds. (Source)
- You are never actually touching anything. Your atoms’ electrons repel objects when they are 10^-8 meters away from you, but you can feel the force of resistance. Technically, right now you’re hovering. (Source)
- In 2008, Doritos beamed a 30 second advertisement towards a planetary system 42 light years away. (Source)
- Biting a pencil can cure a headache. (Source)
- Alcohol activates and stimulates the part of the brain associated with honesty. (Source)
- By swallowing a teaspoon full of dry sugar, you can cure hiccups. (Source)
- The sweet yellow bananas we all know are actually a mutant strain discovered in 1836. (Source)
- White chocolate doesn’t actually have any chocolate in it. (Source)
- Bumblebees do warm up exercises before they take off. (Source)
- Over 30 million accounts on Facebook belong to people who are dead. (Source)
I know that the only one you’ll remember out of all of those is the first one, whoops!